Friday, July 29, 2011

~Craft Night~

So my beautiful friend Rachelle invited me to a craft night a couple months ago put together by this amazing lady in the valley. Her name is Mandy Schiess and she has a blog called On The Avenue. (www.ontheavenuelogan.blogspot.com) The craft night was so much fun and our projects turned out so stinking cute!! Since then, Rachelle and I have been to two more. The last one being last night. So far I've made 7 adorable projects (if I do say so myself) and I LOVE them! And of course I'm going to keep going!

There are a bunch of things that I love about these craft nights.

1. Everything is put together for you. Mandy and her husband have everything cut up and put into kits. They have the paint, mod podge, sanders, everything there so you just buy what you want to do and put it all together there. I love love this because a lot of the time I'll start something at home then I will never get around to finishing it. This way I'm just there for a few hours and I get to take home all made projects for my home.

2. Mandy is so great! She has such an awesome personality and is there to help you out with anything and everything. She and her husband also run all big nail and staple guns and sanders so that you can get bigger, cuter, put together projects that I wouldn't be able to do at home.

3. A lot of people go and do the projects so you can get ideas from the different ways people are doing their own things. This has helped me out a lot because sometimes I have a hard time getting my own creative juices to flow.

4. The prices for the projects are super reasonable. Like I said I just love being able to have a finished project to take home!

5. They do a drawing every time! The first night I won a free haircut from Valhalla. Last night they told us they're going to start doing bigger things as well like furniture (that they make and have all made of course) and other decorations. Last night they had an awesome decorative chair and welcome post for outside. I am so jealous of the people that won those. :) Maybe next time.

If you wanna come to the craft nights, I've been inviting everyone I know that I think would be interested in it. Her blog for the craft nights iswww.supersaturdayswithontheavenue.blogspot.com. The next craft night is at the end of August and she's got a whole bunch of Halloween crafts to do. I am very excited for a couple of them. Also, if you go on to good ole Facebook you can find her page there.

From our first craft night. My super cute Watermelon Welcome sign. It's what I tell people when they're trying to find my house. "It's the one with the big watermelon on it!"

My Lazy Days of Summer Blocks (also from the first night). I almost didn't do these because the picture she had they had a white background. But then when we got there she had brown paint, which of course immediately made everything better. For me anyways.

God Bless America! These are from the second craft night we went to. At first I had painted all my blocks blue and Rachelle had painted all of hers red. Then we saw that a couple other people had painted their blocks every other color. Ugh it's one of those times where we should have watched other people first. :) So Rachelle and I just switched every one of our blocks so that we could have it that way too.

I seriously LOVE these!! They're humongous so it took some rearranging to get them all to fit on my shelf. But I love them.

And finally, from last night. We made a bunch of fall stuff. I had zero fall stuff so I was pretty excited.

A cute birdhouse that I almost didn't make but decided to anyway.

My favorite from last night was this beadboard with sunflowers! I love love love it! I am proud of myself for taking a "risk" and distressing the inside with white instead of leaving it just brown, but I'm really glad I did. I love how it turned out.

Here is a picture of mine and Rachelle's boards. She did her's red with a brown distress over white. I like how they both turned out. :)

1 comment:

Shane said...

I love our craft nights! They have been some of my favorite nights that I have looked forward to this summer. All of the things we have made turned out so stinking cute! I can't wait to make that cat.