Tuesday, July 26, 2011

~ Bear Lake Weekend ~

Shane and Rachelle and me and Jared wanted to do this last summer and ended up not doing it. So this year we managed to get it together and go! Shane has some family that owns a cabin at Bear Lake and they managed to reserve it for us to use over the 24th of July weekend. It was so much fun! The cabin itself was really nice and is on a part of the beach that's private. That made it even better since it was a holiday weekend and for some reason a million people go to Bear Lake on the holidays. We hardly had to deal with other people at all.


Once we finally found where it was (it took us forever!) we went and spent a little bit of time on the beach since it was a little later in the day when we got there. Shane's sister and cousin were there with us too and we went back to the cabin/house! and made some burgers for dinner. Afterwards we went outside and watched the fireworks going off all around the lake and talked about the show 1,000 Ways to Die. Which sounds really horrible, but for the most part it really should be called 1,000 Ways Some Really Stupid People Have Died. When we went back in we watched Red Riding Hood which Shane and Rachelle had got from Netflix . . . not gonna lie. It was a horrible, horrible movie. But at least it's something we can laugh about. What a dumb movie though. Seriously. I'm sorry if there's anyone who um liked it. :)


The cabin itself was really nice. On the third story of the house they had a game room where we got to play some ping pong and air hockey. I think Jared was being nice to me when we played ping pong, but still! I won 1 out of 3 games. And that is something I am definitely proud of. Ha ha!

Sunday, Jared and I made french toast and scrambled eggs for breakfast after watching GI Joe in the morning. Afterwards, we made it back out on to the lake. The water was so cold! It took a lot of coercing on Jared's part to get me all the way into the water. Although, I wasn't as bad as Rachelle. :) They had found a couple of tubes in the garage where we were staying and it was hilarious watching Shane and Jared trying to stand on top of them.

I am seriously the biggest dummy. For lunch we were supposed to bring our own sandwich supplies and I forgot our Miracle Whip. Now, I refuse with all my heart and soul to put Mayo in my mouth. Gross. Gross. Gross. So I was a little upset about that. So I had resigned myself to a plain sandwich when I opened the turkey I bought and realized . . . it's the wrong kind. It was the gross kind. Ha ha! So feeling a little bitter, I grilled myself some cheese sandwiches and pouted while we watched Couples Retreat. Not as funny a movie as I thought it was going to be. In fact, it was really pretty slow. Oh well!

Later we grabbed some milkshakes and fries (what would a trip to Bear Lake be without getting a shake!?) Spent a little more time together and made it home. Despite my sandwich failure, it was an awesome weekend!

Playing games and waiting for dinner.

Getting the canopy set up.

The place next door to the milkshakes was an antique store. Of course we had to stop and get a picture.

Standing on the balcony looking out on the beach in the morning.

1 comment:

Shane said...

It was so much fun to go to the lake! I was super happy you guys got to finally come. We will for sure do it next summer. This summer has gone by way too fast!