Thursday, December 29, 2011

~ I Love December! ~

This season really is my favorite! I love the snow (even though we haven't had a whole lot this year), the lights (even though it seems no one has put hardly any lights up this year), spending time with our awesome families, and having a break from school and work. It gives me time to rejuvenate. It's been an especially good year for a lot of other little reasons.

One - I won two tickets to the Trans Siberian Orchestra! What!? I've been entering to win for a little while online and finally they sent me the email telling me I'd won. I was so excited! We went yesterday and it was soo so fun! Two of the girls we sat close to were kind of interesting as well. One seemed to think that she was Xena warrior princess, but they were both really nice. They even offered to share their popcorn with us. Unfortunately, they offered it to probably the only two people in the world who don't actually like popcorn. Ha ha! There were times during some of the songs where I actually felt the vibrations shaking my entire body and resonating inside my chest. I loved it! So much fun to get out and do something like that with Jared.



Two - I also won an outfit naming contest from Vanity and won this super cute outfit!

Look 7 -- Fresh and Flirty

Yes, this is from their website and the name I picked out! (Tease me all you want about it. I entered about 5 or 6 names and that's the one that won!) I'll be getting everything you see pictured on the model. They did tell me they're actually out of stock on the boots so I will be getting these instead.


Am I okay with that? Yes I am. I'm pretty excited to get everything in the mail here soon!

Three - Probably one of the best of all, we got to talk to Elder Madsen on the phone! He is doing soo good and he sounds great! He had told us in his emails to make sure that we write everything down that we wanted to ask him or talk to him about. Apparently he didn't think our last phone call lasted quite long enough because no one really knew what to say. This time definitely wasn't a problem. We all had plenty to say and so did he. We each took a turn speaking with him and when we were done, my mom started to cry a little. Which started my dad crying a little bit, which made me teary eyed. He is so great! He's hit the year mark so we're on the downhill slope now. It will be good to have him home, but is doing so much good in Mexico too. I love that boy! I took a lot of video of the conversations but I'm still trying to figure out how to get that on here.



No comments: