Friday, December 16, 2011

Grad School is . . .

I am done with my first semester of graduate school. What!? I cannot believe how fast it went by. Good thing because if it was dragging along I'm pretty sure I would give up and die. I remember in the summer the second year students were telling us how hard it was but after the first couple weeks I didn't understand what they were talking about. Then about a month in I realized . . . yeah it's hard. Especially when waking up at 5 am every morning so that I could get my hours in at work. I actually think if it wasn't for that it wouldn't be as hard because at least I wouldn't be as tired all the time. 

We'll see how next semester goes because I'll actually be teaching an online class on top of everything else that I'll still be doing. Man. What was I thinking? I just have to keep in mind that in the end, it will all be worth it. For one of my classes I actually had to go and shadow a school psychologist and for the past two or so years I've been so worried that maybe I'm not going to like it. That I've wasted all this time, money, effort, and I've picked something I'm going to hate. Thank goodness for that shadow because of that's what school psychology is . . . bring it on! I loved it! So yes, in the end . . . it will definitely be worth it.

One semester down. 5 more to go!

No comments: