Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving is so great!

Thanksgiving Jared and I went to Las Vegas with his parents to spend the holiday with his extended family that lives there. I hadn't been to Vegas since I was teeny tiny so it was pretty sweet to go and see it again. There is so much stuff that goes on there! We were able to go up the Eiffel Tower and look over everything and there are just so many lights!

I was very grateful for the way my new family treated me while we were there. I tend to be shy when I'm in a new situation and everybody made me feel incredibly comfortable, welcome, and loved. I'm very lucky to have married into a good family! There are those people that talk about the "horrible" in -laws and relatives and I definitely do not have that problem at all! Thanksgiving dinner itself was crazy!! There were lots of family and tons more food. Of course that's one of our very favorite things is food. I love Thanksgiving because it's a day specifically dedicated to being grateful. Something that I think should happen more often, but it helps you to remember to reflect on all of the blessings that God has given us. There is so much to be thankful for. And I for one am incredibly grateful for my family. All of them. And most especially for Jared!! I never would have thought I could ever be this lucky and so happy!

We love you all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad that you had fun during Thanksgiving. I was affraid we had starved you, with only one meal a day. Thank you so much for doing some scrapbook pages in Olivia's baby book. You did a great job, the pages are very cute. It is nice to know that you enjoy spending time with our family. We are so glad that Jared found someone as nice, friendly, and honorable as you are. We all love you and look forward to seeing you both very soon.

Em and Jared said...

Ha ha dang it! I didn't mean to be whiney about it. I always just eat when I get hungry and not being able to made me grumpy. Sorry about that! Ha ha! And thank you for taking my scrapbooking virginity away from me. I had fun making them. Thanks for saying those nice things! I'm just so happy I never have to tell "evil in-law" stories. Love you!